Menu
Home Page

Close Park

A brief introduction to Close Park

Close Park is a public park of around 11.19 hectares.  It is located approximately 3 miles from Bury town centre and 1 mile from Radcliffe town centre. The parkland was donated by the Bealey family and first opened as a public park in 1925. The entrance area and frontage to the park has undergone major refurbishment in recent years to increase the overall visbility of not only Close Park but also St Mary's Parish Church.  Now, the whole area has a very attractive and welcoming aspect.   In addition to Council funding the park has also benefitted from funding through the ODPM's Liveability fund as part of the Government's drive to create  'cleaner, safer, greener' communities.

 

       

 

Facilities include:

- Bowling green

- 7 full sized football pitches

- Children's football pitch

- Children's play area

- Multi-play ball zone

- 3 tennis courts

- Fishing in the river

- Perimeter footpath (uses include Health Walks)

- Sensory garden

- Car park at the main entrance on Dumers Lane

Top