Visions and Values
Let all that you do be done in love.
(1 Cor 16:14)
Do all the good you can…….
Love, Friendship, Compassion,
Community, Trust & Forgiveness
With love and guidance, children become curious, successful individuals who flourish in their community.
We provide a school culture ensuring children are ready to learn and support one another.
Our environment is rooted in our Christian values.
Children become respectful, purposeful, independent, responsible learners because they know they are loved.
Promoting British Values
We recognise that promoting British Values is important in the learning journey of our children and therefore provide age appropriate activities including
- The strengths, advantages and disadvantages of democracy, and how democracy and the law works in Britain, in contrast to other forms of government in other countries;
- Ensure that all pupils within the school have a voice that is listened to, and demonstrate how democracy works by actively promoting democratic processes such as a school council whose members are voted for by the pupils;
- Use opportunities such as general or local elections to hold mock elections to promote fundamental British values and provide pupils with the opportunity to learn how to argue and defend points of view;
- Use teaching resources from a wide variety of sources to help pupils understand a range of faiths, and
- Consider the role of extra-curricular activity, including any run directly by pupils, in promoting fundamental British values.