Welcome back to school after what we hope was a fun and restful half term break. It has been wonderful to welcome the children back to school, they are all ready and excited for an action packed and exciting half term.
Please check this page regularly for further updates. If you have any questions or queries then please do not hesitate to speak to us or send a message via the Dojo app.
Mrs Cuthbert & Mrs Christie
This half term we will be reading 'One Plastic Bag' by Miranda Paul and 'Wolves' by Emily Gravett. During these units, the children will be producing a persuasive letter and a character description which will include the grammatical objectives for Year 3 and 4. We will also be learning the poem 'The Sound Collector' by Roger McGough and creating our own version.
This half term in Maths we will be focusing on multiplication and division. This includes learning facts for the 6, 9, 11 and 12 times tables.
We will be continuously be practicing our times tables. Please encourage your child to play on Timetable Rockstars as much as possible at home.
This half term our focus will be rocks. The children will:
· In Geography our topic this half term is Canada. We will be investigating Niagara Falls and understanding the key characteristics of mountains.
· P.E. is on Wednesday and Friday. Please ensure your child has a full P.E. kit on these days. This half term we are learning dance and rugby.
· In R.E. our topic this half term is Hinduism. We will be identifying some ways that Hindus worship and making links between beliefs about God and how Hindus live.
· In Design and Technology this half term we are learning how to make a jack in a box using pneumatics.
· In PSHCE our topic is based around our character and what makes us unique.
· In Class Worship, our value this half term is Friendship. We will be discussing big questions such as, 'what makes a good friend?' and 'how do you show love to your friends?'
· Our MFL lessons will be centered around basic greetings.
· In Music with Mr Martin we will be singing and preforming key songs.