I hope you are all rested and energised for another half term. We have so many exciting things to look forward to this term!
Please check in regularly to see what we're up to and don't forget you can always check in with me on the class dojo app. If you are unsure how this works please don't hesitate to speak to me on the playground.
Reading books and records should be brought to school daily. Please ensure you child reads regularly throughout the week and an adult signs their reading record. It is important that children are reading as much as possible.
Homework is set on a Friday and is expected to be completed and sent into school by the following Friday.
Spelling shed & TTRS log ins can be located inside the front cover of your child's homework book.
PE days are Tuesday and Thursday so please ensure that your child has their full PE kit in school that day.
Please ensure that your child has a water bottle in school.
Please ensure that all uniform is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
This half term we will be reading 'One Plastic Bag' by Miranda Paul and 'Wolves' by Emily Gravett. During these units, the children will be producing a persuasive letter and a character description which will include the grammatical objectives for Year 3 and 4. We will also be learning the poem 'The Sound Collector' by Roger McGough and creating our own version.
This half term in Maths we will be focusing on Addition and Subtraction before moving onto Multiplication and Division.
We also have a weekly multiplication check. Please ensure your child practises their times tables at home as well as completing challenges on Times Tables Rock Star (your log in is inside the front cover of your homework book).
This half term our focus will be rocks. The children will:
· In Geography our topic this half term is Canada. We will be investigating Niagara Falls and understanding the key characteristics of mountains.
· P.E. is on Tuesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child has a full P.E. kit on these days. This half term we are learning dance and rugby.
· In R.E. our topic this half term is Hinduism. We will be identifying some ways that Hindus worship and making links between beliefs about God and how Hindus live.
· In Design and Technology this half term we are learning how to make a jack in a box using pneumatics.
· In PSHCE our topic is based around our character and what makes us unique.
· In Class Worship, our value this half term is Friendship. We will be discussing big questions such as, 'what makes a good friend?' and 'how do you show love to your friends?'
· Our MFL lessons will be centred around basic greetings.
· In Music with Mr Martin we will be singing and preforming key songs.